• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash Lite 4 is better than waiting months for 10.1

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
Adobe just announced that Flash for Android will be released "sometime in the second half of the year". If you read the Adobe forums, it will probably be late summer, to early fall. So far, only the 3430 and Snapdragon devices will get it and possibly Flash Lite 4 for the slower, non GPU devices (like the 7200 series in most Android devices). Not for certain though.

Flash Lite 4 will be a nice bridge until 10.1 comes out later this year. I have Flash Lite 3 on my Archos 5 (3430 device) and Flash Lite actually performs better than full Flash 9.4 on my N900. Less sites work, but newer content tends to choke on 9.4, anyways.

Eris has Flash Lite 3, but has the much slower 7200 chipset and Flash Lite 3 is less optimized and only works with Flash 8 content and lower. Flash Lite 4 supports up to Flash 9 content (not sure if some Flash 10 will work as well).

If you like Flash content, Inc should work well- even before Flash 10.1 is released :)

Now, how long before the Flash Lite 4 is ported to Droid ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones