Flash not working on Desire 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. primus

primus New Member This Topic's Starter

I've just updated to 2.2 on my O2 branded Desire using the official OTA update and everything's great... except flash doesn't seem to be working/running. It seems to have come with the update (It shows up in Manage Applications, though nowhere else and it says it is 10.1.72.7 and takes up 0.00B, which I though was a bit suspicious, but so do a lot applications, like Accounts and Sync and Android System).
    Anyway, it doesn't appear separately on the Market, so I installed the flash showcase but it says I don't have flash, as do videos on the BBC website.
    I've also tried installing versions that have been posted in other threads here, and although they install, it still doesn't seem to be working.
    I'm sure I'm missing something simple (like turning it on!) but I can't figure it out.
    Any help?

Advertisement
  2. fondue

fondue New Member

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this? Only I was in the same situation but think I've sussed it....

When running 2.1 I disabled flash lite in the settings menu of the web browser, and it'd seem that this was a global setting which survived the 2.2 update.

However, the setting itself is no longer in the web browser, BUT if you tap the "restore defaults" at the foot of the options, this seems to do the job - or at least, it did for me!

Give it a whirl & I hope it works for you!

N