flash not working

Last Updated:

1. sanity29

sanity29 Well-Known Member

My camera flash and flashlight not working. Last thing I did to the system was install the anthrax kernel. Not sure if that's the cause. If so then no flash for me. Any ideas? Says the batterry is low or something is using the processes like hotspot.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

What ROM are you on?
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

The sense 3.0 roms have a bug that wont let the led work when 4g is on. Turn off 4 g and it will work
    ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
  4. sanity29

I'm on mik3d and not running 4g. It has always worked before. Guessing its the kernel but hope not. As its the last change I've done.
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

did you try to wipe dalvik cache and cache. it usually fixes most issues.
  6. sanity29

Tried that. Still nothing. Maybe ill just reflash my ROM and kernel today. If that doesnt work, o well no big lose as i like the anthrax kernel and i know the flashlight and camera flash worked on other kernels. I assume its the kernel at least.
  7. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

let us know?
  8. sanity29

Before I wiped my phone and starting from scratch, I decided to flash a different kernel to see if the flashlight and camera flash wasn't working do to the anthrax kernel (test version) or not. After flashing chop suey back on, everything works fine now. I really liked how the phone ran with the anthrax kernel and mik3d rom. It was snappy and ran smooth. Battery life was ok but it was a sacrifice I was willing to deal with. I didn't flash anthrax after a fresh rom install, so not sure if that was part of the issue or not.
  9. Rxpert83

If you've still got your source try to download it again. Could have been a bad download.
  10. sanity29

Worth a try.
  11. mikem0269

mikem0269 Well-Known Member

Also if you could check and see if it works with the 4G on I never could get the flash or flashlight to work with 4G on any 3.0 roms It would say something about batt to low.
  12. sanity29

I never got my phone to connect to 4g. Before and after root. It turned on but never found towers since there aren't many here in phoenix. With the anthrax kernel, 4g wouldn't even turn on.
  13. Rxpert83

Yeah that def sounds like it didnt install correctly.
  14. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

I have MikG3.0 ROM with Anthrax 009 kernel; my Flashlight works OK.
    mikem0269 likes this.