Flash on Android

1. NeVeREire

NeVeREire Member

I thought Android would play flash then i hear Play Store have stopped it !

I got a 10" tablet running the latest Android and wanted to watch stuff on mobilevids.org but it requires flash to watch videobam

Any ideas how i can get flash or something else ?

Advertisement
  2. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

3. NeVeREire

NeVeREire Member

so there is no way to watch moblievids.org ?
  4. BBEG

BBEG Member

5. pool_shark

Did either of you follow the link I provided?
    There are links to the flash apk.
  6. NeVeREire

NeVeREire Member

sorry.. didn't know what an APK was, I'm new to Android.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

apk is the installer file for Android, kind of like .exe/.msi for windows.
  8. BBEG

BBEG Member

Did you read my question? I'm asking what this means for those of us who have phones with full flash support. Does this mean that in spite of my phone already having full flash support, will I still need to get that apk?
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

No, you're good to go.

Your full flash support exists because you have the apk installed already.

FWIW, I didn't get your question at first, and meh, these things happen. ;)
  10. pool_shark

I did read your question. I assumed if you had flash installed already you wouldn't be asking.

Are you sure about that? Flash support to me means it has the ability if you have the app.
    It's like having an HD ready TV, it can display HD but it still needs to receive the right signal input.
    That's the way I interpret it, of course I could be mistaken.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

When the rest of the internet updates Flash, you'll be left with outdated Flash and it will like you don't have Flash. So yeah, if the Flash content from the website you are viewing requires a higher version of Flash than what Adobe left Android, it would be a no go.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Good point, I am assuming correct use of terms.

Flash support is a term used on many devices, such as Arm 6 models, that only provide Flash Lite support in browsers.

Full Flash support is a term given over to exactly that, with the Flash apk installed and all functions working.
  13. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that 'the rest of the internet' is actively moving away from flash... so in a couple of years it will only be sites that have NOT updated that will still be using flash. Hence the reason that Adobe are running down flash on various platforms and channelling their resources elsewhere