• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash on Android

Did you read my question? I'm asking what this means for those of us who have phones with full flash support. Does this mean that in spite of my phone already having full flash support, will I still need to get that apk?

No, you're good to go.

Your full flash support exists because you have the apk installed already.

FWIW, I didn't get your question at first, and meh, these things happen. ;)

Upvote 0
Did you read my question? I'm asking what this means for those of us who have phones with full flash support. Does this mean that in spite of my phone already having full flash support, will I still need to get that apk?

I did read your question. I assumed if you had flash installed already you wouldn't be asking.

No, you're good to go.

Your full flash support exists because you have the apk installed already.

FWIW, I didn't get your question at first, and meh, these things happen. ;)

Are you sure about that? Flash support to me means it has the ability if you have the app.
It's like having an HD ready TV, it can display HD but it still needs to receive the right signal input.
That's the way I interpret it, of course I could be mistaken.

Upvote 0
Are you sure about that? Flash support to me means it has the ability if you have the app.
It's like having an HD ready TV, it can display HD but it still needs to receive the right signal input.
That's the way I interpret it, of course I could be mistaken.

Good point, I am assuming correct use of terms.

Flash support is a term used on many devices, such as Arm 6 models, that only provide Flash Lite support in browsers.

Full Flash support is a term given over to exactly that, with the Flash apk installed and all functions working.

Upvote 0
When the rest of the internet updates Flash, you'll be left with outdated Flash and it will like you don't have Flash. So yeah, if the Flash content from the website you are viewing requires a higher version of Flash than what Adobe left Android, it would be a no go.

Except for the fact that 'the rest of the internet' is actively moving away from flash... so in a couple of years it will only be sites that have NOT updated that will still be using flash. Hence the reason that Adobe are running down flash on various platforms and channelling their resources elsewhere

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones