Flash on Hero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After owning a hero since the day it launched I have generally always thought of it asa great browsing experience. Indeed, I sit here on my sofa comfortably writing this post.

I always presumed the Hero was equipped with flash lite, so some aspects of flash such as videos just didn't work........until recently. In the last week or so I have noticed much more flash activity on sites I regularly visit. I thought I would test this by visiting some sites like vimeo, some flash game sites, and all so far with great success. Ok, some is quite slow, but hey, IT WORKS! More than can be said for fails such as the ipad.

So, has my Hero been hiding Its flash capabilities, has there been a stealthy OTA that's been missed or is It down to something else like HTML 5?

Ben

No one? I must just be going inane!

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Flash lite is the same as it has been since launch.
    Unless you have been browsing with "Load images" unchecked then you will have seen flash content where available.

3. Bunjiweb

I never suggested Flash Lite had changed.... I have never been browsing with "load images" unchecked. I am just confused that FULL flash stuff, which previously I couldn't load has started loading happily....

No one understands / cares! never mind.

Ben

4. Barretta

Barretta Well-Known Member

Can you open hardcore flash stuff like.. farmville for example ? :D

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Its flash light

6. Bunjiweb

Barretta - I will have a look tonight! Good suggestion.

Lekky - Nice of you to increase your post count by posting some ineloquent crap that doesn't even make sense..... +1 for you! *moron*

7. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Your question is ridiculous.
    Just because you were unobservant doesn't mean anything has changed.

8. Bunjiweb

Note to self - Don't bother posting in future.... lurking is much safer.

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

nah don't be silly, i didn't mean to be offensive. My post was short because i was posting from my phone on the train! *apologises for offence*

Anyways i'm pretty sure its flash lite, vimeo does, what games site works so we can try?

10. Bunjiweb

gamedfree.com, wallofgame.com & miniclips.com work, various streaming video websites work like vimeo, wtso.net, megavideo etc.

11. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

Surely if you go here on your phone it'll tell you exactly what flash you have, no? Dunno...

Anyway, what you should see is Your Player Version: AFL 9.1.122.0 and I'm guessing AFL means Adobe Flash Lite, but just a guess. I also don't know what Local File I/O Enabled means, but the Hero gets a big fat NO on that one as opposed to my laptop which gets a yes. It's all Greek to me really.

12. Bunjiweb

Thanks for the intelligent input Hrochnick, I will be sure to check that and see what get's thrown up. I'm sure i'm wrong, either that or my Flash Lite hadn't been functioning to it's full potential previously, but it's nice of someone to actually suggest something to help me find out, rather than just posting nonsensical crap.

Cheers, Ben

13. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

You have such a smooth way of persuading people to go out of their way to help you. ;)

14. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

I still have no idea why you think it changed. There has been no updates and flash has worked (to an extent) since I got my phone in September..

Oh and the result of that link is:
    Linux
    Yes
    Yes
    No

15. Bunjiweb

I went to the link and sure enough it says AFL..... I can only think that my phone has had issues displaying some flash elements that have only started working properly recently....

I ALWAYS knew the Hero was *supposed* to be flash lite, and so when other websites started showing flash that I hadn't had fully working previously I got rather excited.

I guess Flash Lite does more than I first appreciated, but having visited some websites with flash 10 integration I can see that those elements don't display properly....

Don't shoot me down for getting excited, this forum is full of trolls posting nothing but demands for the 2.1 update day in day out, one of my few posts getting some rather moronic replies doesn't fill me with much faith in the users of this forum.

Sometimes you just gotta help without being rude about it!

Ben

16. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Sady it appears that Flash Lite is what it will always be. Compare and contrast Adobe here and here. Not too much of an issue as it wasn't what I bought the phone for but it does go to show you that Adobe are not the most trustworthy of companies in their promises.

17. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

It's hard to work out what's true and what is a rumour. We've been told that full Flash will be coming to The Hero, not Flash Lite if isn't to be the case then my Hero will be returned and I'll tear up my contract, Orange are not going to waste their time taking me through the courts for a single contract.

I'll wait and see what the future brings but if full Flash turns up on say The Legend and not The Hero I'll be pretty annoyed.

Al

18. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. :)

With an attitude like that, I'm surprised anyone replies at all. Talk about easily offended! :eek:

19. Bunjiweb

Sorry and you bothered replying to this thread.... why? If you don't have anything constructive to add then don't bother replying. I am not easily offending but I do take objection when I am told that my "question is ridiculous" without giving any real justification for this unnecessary slagging.

Ben

20. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Who said your question is ridiculous? I certainly didn't. Nor did I resort to "slagging" as you put it.

Ben, it doesn't cost anything to be polite to people and just because we're online doesn't mean you should forget your manners. When people don't respond with the answer you want seems to upset you. At least that's the impression I get when I read your posts. May I politely suggest sitting quietly and counting to ten before getting your knickers in such a twist? Your blood pressure will stay far lower as a result.

Good luck and all the best ;)
    Jim

21. stoney73

stoney73 Well-Known Member

+1

22. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

Amen to that

23. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Full flash is not coming to the Hero, only ARM V7 phones are getting it (nexus 1 upwards).

24. Heroine

Heroine Well-Known Member

+1

25. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

Wow! This forum has hit rock bottom. On the day it is announced that the Hero is not going to get full flash, in a thread titled "flash on hero" the above posts are the best this forum has. Pathetic.

I am going to stick to XDA from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.