Flash on ICS?Support

1. madmax988

madmax988 Active Member

Has anyone found a way to get flash on ICS for the droid 4 without rooting?

I currently have kept my droid 4 on gingerbread and prevented from upgrading for the past week to ICS, but I'm getting tired of ignoring it once a day.

I was at the verizon store and their droid 4 had already been upgraded. I allowed installs from unknown sources and then installed flash 11.1 from the archives page at adobe. It seemed to install ok, but when I went online all i got were those damn plugin not found legos. Did I miss a step?

Has anyone found a way to accomplish this?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

3. madmax988

madmax988 Active Member

Did you install it after August 15th?
  4. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

I installed it more than a week after I got ICS.
    madmax988 likes this.
  5. madmax988

madmax988 Active Member

Interesting, I'm still not sure why the droid 4 and the razr maxx at the verizon store wouldn't work.

Have you by any chance tried foxfi on d4 w/ ICS?

Also how's your battery life since you upgraded, notice any differences?

Thanks,
    Max
  6. silverfang77

silverfang77 Well-Known Member

I installed FP 11 on mine after the upgrade, but it wouldn't work at all. There's simply no way to get it to work as ICS doesn't support it.
    madmax988 likes this.
  7. madmax988

madmax988 Active Member

Is that with being rooted? or on the verizon ics ? I keep hearing mixed reports I asked this on a few websites, but nobodies given me a firm yes yet. I'm really tempted to upgrade, because i want to test something with usb host capabilities, but it's not worth losing flash. I used a browser without flash the other day, it was like someone forgot to put large chunks of the internet up.