Flash ON (LED) While Recording Video?

Last Updated:

1. Xx_iDon_xX

Xx_iDon_xX New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,i have a question,since this is very helpful for me using this mode,is there any possible way of having the flash on(led)while recording a video on a droid(verizon)?Or is there an app or a hack,or what does need to be done for this to happen?I would appreciate any annswers and replies,thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

I have heard of some workarounds but I am not sure how to do it. I know there is an option on the new Droid X that will turn the light on/off when shooting video!

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I am running Android 2.2 on my Droid, I'm not sure if this is the case for 2.1 but,

Once you start up the camera, hit the menu button (the four lines at the bottom of the phone). When you do this, there are options that appear. The bottom one is recording quality, the one right above allows the flash to be turned on or off (it stays on, it's not just a flash).

If that is not the case with 2.1, and that is what you are using, you can do the following.

Download an LED Flashlight app from the market (there are a few and most are free). Turn on the flashlight before bringing up the camera app. It should stay on while you use the video camera...

4. Xx_iDon_xX

ok well that work,downloaded an led app and it worked.is there anyway to make it an option when u go on video mode?like do i have to root my phone and get 2.2?

5. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

If you have Froyo (Android 2.2) installed, there is an option when in Camcorder mode, which you can select to have the LED on while you are recording.

cwcheese likes this.
  6. Xx_iDon_xX

nice,i know this may sound kind of dumb,but i searched,probably not good enough but i did,can any 1 point me to the instructions to where i can install froyo 2.2?like rooted then install it,the roms and etc.like what are the best steady roms up to date?sorry again,i just want to get froyo 2.2 on my droid

7. dmodert66

Here you go...Probably use the 3rd post down, but it wouldn't hurt to read all 3 posts. It can look kind of scary, but really it's not that difficult at all...

http://androidforums.com/all-things...oot-related-currently-under-construction.html

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or better yet, make a post in the All Things Root Subforum, either way, we are all here to help... :)

**EDIT** Once you have rooted, go to the following and read through and decide which rom you want (most are 2.2 now adays)...I personally prefer Bugless Beast 0.4, but some prefer Cyanogen or others...Just check it out and choose...

http://androidforums.com/roms-droid/

8. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

@dmodert66 that didn't work for me. I don't have 2.2 so your first suggestion did not work then I tried starting my light first then turn on the camera. As soon as I turned on the camera the light went off! LOL!

9. dmodert66

What LED Flashlight app are you using? It worked for me with Mototorch LED...

10. dumindu1996

dumindu1996 New Member

camera jb+ able to select what volume+/- buttons do while vid recording, u can choose led flash on/off for that bottons from it:smokingsomb: