Flash player apk

1. durak

durak Well-Known Member

Since adobe decided to pull the plug on flash for android, it's not even available at the store anymore.

Just had to search for it after reflashing phone.

Here's the latest (and last) update for flash player in case anybody needs it.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

I wonder why
  3. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member

thank you for uploading this :D
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

We have known this was coming since ics was released. adobe said that ics was the last version if android that would be supported.

Flash in general is dieing. It is being replaced by html 5.
  5. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

From what I remember reading, Flash will still be updated with security fixes for another year IF you grabbed it from Google Play before it was yanked. If you side loaded it then I think you may have to update it manually.
  6. durak

durak Well-Known Member

Doubt it. I had older version installed on phone and it wouldn't even show up on google play. HTML5 won lol
  7. Rally 517

What is HTML5?
  8. Rachel A

HTML5 is the next version of HTML - the markup language that makes up Web pages you visit.

The latest version has support for native video's etc. and, as such, no longer requires 3rd party addons like flash to play video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5

Version 5 hasn't been a finalized yet, nor will it be for several years so technically its still very much in flux. Hasn't stopped the world and their dog adopting it though as a standard.
  9. Rally 517

Do u use it and how?
  10. Rachel A

It's built into pretty much any browser you use today. There's an awful lot in the specs and most browsers support a big subset of that. However video is pretty well supported by everyone.
  11. Rally 517

Are you currently using it? I'm using adobe now should I switch if so how?
  12. Rachel A

It is what it is now. If you have flash and your browser supports it (e.g. Anything not called Chrome) then you should be good either way.
  13. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

Rally 517, the relationship between browsers, HTML5 and Flash is like this:

The browser reads HTML languages, but also has SUPPORT for viewing Flash content. You can only view Flash content in your browser if you have Flash Player installed on that device. But if you want to view HTML5 content, then its okay because your browser can read that HTML language on its own.

So in conclusion, don't worry about HTML, just make sure you don't get rid of Flash.
    Rally 517 likes this.
  14. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Shows up for me via PC but not on my phone. I don't know if I would have the ability to push a remote install through though since it's already installed. I also wonder if this "Installed" entry will disappear eventually or remain here until it's completely dissolved.
  15. stitch74

stitch74 New Member

I got my droid tab after they plugged flash, I was aware it was going but guessed someone would have a way around this dumb call. HTML5 is not common enough for Adobe to just pull this as.

It was one of my reasons for going droid not Apple. Well that and the tabs build in GPS....

Thanks for that APK, just installed it and now the web is a wonderful place full of content for me again, not full of not supported messages.:D