Flash player for 4.2General

1. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I just tried to inform myself on how to install the Adobe flash player on my N7 - 4.2.1. It seems to be a major headache. Is it even worth jumping thru the hops and what are the alternatives.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You should only have to sideload the apk and then find a browser that supports it
    whs37 likes this.
  3. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

it's no big deal. just sideload the apk file and use the browser of your choice that supports Flash, of which there are more than enough to choose from
    badcomedylife, whs37 and Rxpert83 like this.
  4. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.
  5. balloonshark

balloonshark Well-Known Member

whs37 and brave_beaker like this.
  6. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I got it installed. Now I have to find a good browser.
  7. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Firefox. Not the fastest but not slow either. Best features set for me (plugins included) and plays nice with Flash on 4.2.
  8. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks, but FF is the ONE browser I never use - even not on my PCs where I have IE, Opera, Chrome and Safari.
  9. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Funny, I love FF on my PC, but find it slow on my N7. Use Boat. I find Boat or Xscope the fastest and best.

10. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips. I started to use FF in Ubuntu but it was soooo slow that I switched to Chromium which is a LOT faster.
  11. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Oh well, just goes to show how tastes differ and why choices exist. Choice is good. The thought of using IE or Safari makes me shudder... ;-)
  12. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

Can you watch Hulu on the Nexus 7 with Adobe Flash through the browser (not using the App)?
  13. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

Sadly, no. I tried it with the Firefox phony add-on mentioned in this post and I still got the "not supported" error.
  14. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

I read some webpages where people have it working using browser spoofing. I wonder if that still works. I should give it a try - it would be nice to be able to watch Hulu on the Nexus 7 - at the moment, I watch it on PCs.
  15. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I now installed Dolphin and Opera mobile. Opera especially since I am somewhat familiar with it. I have not tried them out yet but expect better results than from Chrome.