Flash player for JB?? How?General

Last Updated:

1. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

Folks, there is no support for Flash plater for JB. A great many number of video stream servers (still) use Flash? What is the solution/repacement plug-in, etc, and how do I install Flash manually? Thanks for the advice.

2. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

Have you tried going to adobe site ? I can't test this myself because I installed flash before updating to JB but my understanding is you cn get the apx from adobe's site and the folks at xda say it will work fine under jb.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

ymDroid, Podivin and ocnbrze like this.
  4. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

This thread over at xda is what I used to get flash running on JB:

Basically install the apk (you have to enable "Unknown Sources - Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" first in your settings (under the Security section).

Once installed, the stock browser that comes with the tablet will render flash pages as before. Some browsers like Chrome don't support the Flash plugin, while others do, like the stock browser and Dolphin.
    ocnbrze and woodsonmh like this.
  5. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

considering the hatred for flash in the market place (Apple, Android) and the increasing popularity of the mobile devices that no longer run it, when will content providers catch on and stop hosting flash content?
  6. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread, I got flash working with your help
    ocnbrze likes this.
  7. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

I downloaded the latest from the above link. It works ok until you try to full screen it with HDMI plugged in. Both screens turn black and audio still plays.
  8. pokeyandroid

pokeyandroid New Member

Ever since I installed Adobe Flash Player on JB my browser randomly closes for absolutely no reason and no warning.
  9. deeenvy

deeenvy New Member

pokey, I have the same issue.
    The only difference is I installed Fash before the JB update.

Ever since the JB update, Flash videos crash the stock browser.
  10. luarajakson

luarajakson Member

Adobe's Flash player is one of the most widely used tools for delivering audio, video, and animation on the Internet. But the Flash player for android devices is conspicuously absent from play store.

You can check with this manuall guide to install flash on your android JB device along with latest .apk file link to download.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  11. daldude

daldude Active Member

I have JB latests version that I installed via the Asus Update option and I can still watch Youtube videos via the Stock Web Browser and not just via the Youtube App. Does this mean I have Flash Installed on my Infinity TF700T? I got it off of E-bay so I don't know if the previous user installed Flash.:confused: