Flash Player HelpSupport

1. Tankbear

Tankbear New Member

Hi Guys,

I live in the UK and bought a KF a few weeks back whilst on holiday in America. Now heres where my initial problems began. At th moment the KF is not available in the UK so when I go to the app store it takes me to the USA Amazon App store, but I cannot get any apps (even free ones) as it states I don't have a US based credit card. :mad:

Anyway found a way of getting apps via downloading them from OnlyAndroid website. First problem overcome. :)

Now i've installed Firefox, Adobe player 11 but when ever there is an embedded video on a website it doesn't show either with firefox or Amazons browser.

I've tried downloading and installer Adobe player from various source but still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

The Adobe website is one of those "helpful" ones that used geolocation and other data to try to help you get what you're supposed to have. The problem is that it's more Orwellian than helpful most of the time. The problem is how to trick these "helpful" websites into giving you what you actually need.

IME as an American with US-based software, there's often a US version that only works properly with other US version products, and an "international" version that will not work properly with US version products. I suspect that you might have a mismatch somewhere due to your location.

Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of to possibly circumvent the geolocation cops is to use an Internet proxy like the Onion Router (https://www.torproject.org/) to translate your own IP address to one that is able to retrieve the US version software that you need for a US version Kindle Fire. I don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try.
  3. Tankbear

Tankbear New Member

Thanks for the reply speed daemon.

I managed to get it working. Was getting fed up with firefox as quite often I type a post on a forum then just wouldn't submit it.:mad:

So decided to install Dolphin HD and the integrated videos played straight away :) so don't know why it works where as other browswers didn't but happy it does.