1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

flash player on the atrixSupport

1. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member

I've read many places, and can currently see in the atrix marketing materials that flash player is supposedly pre-installed on the atrix. I'm not even sure if I hit a website with flash content before going to the market and installing the flash player there. Only after installing did I learn that the market version is not compatible with the Tegra2 SOC. great. So I uninstalled it, and I cannot find it in the list of installed packages, and my browser will not display any flash content. How did they allow this to happen? If the market version is not compatible, then why even allow it to install? The market page for flash showed 'install', not 'upgrade' or anything to indicate it was already installed...

I've been searching for a way to reinstall it, and have not come up with anything remotely useful. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. iBr0nze

iBr0nze New Member

im wondering about this as well, i jst kept the market flash and i am able to view some flash content but there are some that i cant
  3. razholio

I have an email request into moto support on this. not expecting anything miraculous - like a solution... I'll be impressed if what I get back is factually accurate and rational.
  4. WarningSLO

WarningSLO Well-Known Member

Search the XDA forums. There is a link to a leaked apk package of flash that works on the Atrix
  5. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Are there any websites which do not render properly?

I was able to go to tbs.com - TV Shows - Television Shows - very funny with the Atrix at a local store, and the site rendered, and played videos (quite well actually) without issue. However with my Android 2.1 powered Moto Defy (w/Flash Lite), I can not play videos. The same videos with my Nokia N900, which has full Flash v9.4, play with a great deal of lag.
  6. razholio

I saw that. I hesitate, however, to download and install an unverified, no-checksum, pre-release apk from mega-malware-upload or other related site... call me paranoid. ;)

I know some people would call the offical flash player malware, but i haven't gotten quite *that* cynical... yet.
  7. razholio

yup. dailyshow.com shows a black box with 'adobe flash player' in it. tapping that box takes me to the marketplace flash player page. not *quite* what I was hoping for... ;)
  8. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

Daily show videos play fine for me. However, I can't uncheck 'mute' for sound.
  9. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Factory Reset would restore Flash. Of course you would then have to redo all you setting changes as well.
  10. chowanec

chowanec Member

I'd agree with the above. When I got the phone, I wiped and rewiped it multiple times. In fact, I'm pretty sure 6 of the 10 gigs of storage on the phone are holding the apps for when you factory reset.

-Chow
  11. razholio

thanks for the 'factory reset' advice. I just might do that for other reasons as well (battery life and GPS weirdness). I heard back from motorola email support and as expected, their advice was almost totally worthless. They started out by telling me that flash was not on the atrix, but coming in the next update. then said that the flash player in the market *was* compatible... I corrected them on some of that and asked them to double-check their information and never heard back...
  12. jahizen

jahizen Member

i have an atrix with GB, not that it matters, but my flash does not work at all, except for games, when i un install, the games that require it, wont work.

but to watch videos on line like on facebook ect...does not work...