Flash Player Updates to Version 10.1.106.16

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

A new, minor update to Adobe’s Flash Player 10.1 for Android has hit the market. The new update brings Flash’s version number to 10.1.106.16, though a lack of change log or blog announcement from Adobe suggests this is another minor update providing fixes and tweaks here and there. Among other things this could include compatibility [...]

More...

Advertisement
    kangryangshim likes this.
  2. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

I happened to be looking for Flash Support - And DID NOT see this on the Market, just double checked ALL the Adobe Flash Software is OFF the market???

What is going on. I did manage to get (from the web, outside the market) the apk or the Adobe Flash 10.1(not sure about the version beyond that), installed it, but havn't found a good way to "Test" it out. The one time I tried to play a FLV, it said I needed to update my flash, followed the link to find adobe telling me they don't support!

BUT, Adobe does have a big write up on their site about the Flash player for Android, BUT despite the write up and apparant availability, it is NOT on their site, nor in the market.

Can we (Android Users) have a flash player plug in or not? what in the world is going on....help...ha ha...

Seriously, if you/anyone has any comments or whatever to help me understand the situation or what's up, it would really really be appreciated...
    Thanks..
    Jeff
  3. kangryangshim

kangryangshim New Member

Thanks! Now can you tell me where to get the app?? Yeah, I figure, y'all might as well see me naked. All I know is, they obviously think my device is't supported... What??? Any hoo. HELP PLEASE!!!
  4. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Same experience here, I'm new to the android game. What's going on?
  5. hilman

hilman Active Member

Numerous Adobe apps on the Market when I search, did you try recently?
  6. ambientdroid

I tried again just now searching for both "adobe" and "adobe flash player"

Other adobe apps come up but no flash.

I'm using a new Toshiba Regza T-01C on the Docomo network in Japan.
    The firmware is 2.1-update1 if that means anything?

Also, when I search 'adobe flash' on AppBrain using my laptop it's the 3rd search result but when I do the same search using the AppBrain app on my phone all I get is a bunch of irrelevant apps, nothing from adobe.
  7. cred05

cred05 Well-Known Member

Flash requires 2.2 and above.
  8. ambientdroid

Dang, guess that shows how much of a n00b I am.

Too bad it seems that my provider doesn't have an update server set up as these handsets have only just been released.
  9. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Well-Known Member

Flash was totally missing from the market today when I was cruising my app list, not sure what happened, its just plain gone even when I do a search for it !!??!!??

-Dinc