Flash playerSupport

Last Updated:

1. tcuk31

tcuk31 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a unbranded sin free desire running 2.2 with the latest update 2.10.etc , my question is do I need to install flash or is it there already. In application manager it shows it but file size is 0.00kb. Also the version on Market is newer. Should I install this or is there a way to update built in apps??

Advertisement
  2. oOoMAJESTICoOo

oOoMAJESTICoOo Well-Known Member

3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Flash is actually part of 2.2 the version you are on about on market place is flash showcase.

4. I-desire

I-desire Well-Known Member

I initially installed it, got rid of it now though, doesn't seem to be needed as iplayer still works without it :D

5. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

... are you sure? On the android market it states version 10.1.95.1 of the flash player. It takes up a few mb of phone memory so I'd uninstall it if I felt I xcould without any impact on flash web sites.

6. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member

I installed it, then uninstalled and checked flash version on the adobe web site, then reinstalled... its just a newer version. Shame it doesnt go on the SD card as its a mammoth download...

I also checked on iplayer and it worked well with the froyo version....

7. tcuk31

tcuk31 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Showcase was on the Market which isn't needed. I'm talking about the actual player which is a newer version on the Market then on the phone. Just on the phone it says app size is 0.00kb is this because it's embedded in the Rom? Thanks for your answers so far but still not a decimate answer.

8. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what part of my answer was not definate? Installed the new version, which was just that.. a newer version. I uninstalled and tested the version that was shipped with the ROM, and it worked just fine...