1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Flash PlayerSupport

Last Updated:

1. OmerFawadRauf

OmerFawadRauf New Member

I watch sports games online and all the links available require flash player. But unfortunately we can't install flash from Google play anymore.
    Is there still a way other than that to get flash on my Galaxy note 10.1?
    I am a noob when it comes to such stuff so please give all steps to install it, if we can.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I don't have that tablet, but I've read some reviews that say it is Flash capable. As you might know, Adobe is phasing out flash for mobile devices, but there is still a great deal of content out there available in the Flash format, so many are hesitant to give it up entirely.

To get Flash player on your tablet, you first need to find the .apk file and copy it to your tablet. I have found a download location that was linked from a fairly reliable website so it would lead me to believe it's safe. HOWEVER, I cannot personally vouch for this file and downloading installation files from unknown sources does open you up to security risks. In any case, the link i found is here: Flash Player 11.1.

To install it you first must go to menu>settings>security and check the box next to "unknown sources" that will allow you to install non-market apps. Then with a file manager, locate the .apk file and click it to install. If it installs successfully, you will have flash player.
    OmerFawadRauf likes this.
  3. jeff327

jeff327 Well-Known Member

Flash is preinstalled on the Note 10.1. You should have no problem watching flash related material.
  4. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

OmerFawadRauf likes this.
  5. swingman

swingman Member

I have reinstalled flash on my note 10.1.
    ! I still get message from some websites than ask me to install as it couldn't find flash. It is bit confusing and someone in the know please reply.
  6. OmerFawadRauf

OmerFawadRauf New Member

Thank you guys SO much. I really appreciate it. I have tried to download Flash and it still says that i dont have it. I guess the only thing left to do is to wait to for html 5 to take over!! Any one know how long till that happens.
    I hope its before the NBA season starts
  7. sweetrice80

sweetrice80 Member

What browser are you using? I have this same problem when using google chrome on my note, but with the build in internet flash is capable. I have been trying to figure this out, as why chrome it doesn't work and with the build in internet it does.
  8. Boothy

Boothy Member

Hi

I think side loading the Flash apk may only work with the stock browser that comes with the device. I do not have a Note yet so have not tested this. But it should work if preinstalled with device. The article below is for jelly bean but makes reference to stock browser. It probably be best to download latest flash apk from the `older versions` section of Adobe website.

How to install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean | TalkAndroid.com

Boothy
  9. WhiteSGN101

WhiteSGN101 Member

I downloaded Flash on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 the day after I bought it, almost a month ago. I can't find the website where I found the instructions, but this is the closest i found: How to manually install Adobe Flash Player on your Android device | Android Central

Follow the instructions listed under "The Method." Do NOT follow step #2. Instead, after step #1, go to this website: Archived Flash Player versions

Scroll down to "Flash Player archives" and under "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives," select the first link listed. These archived versions of Flash come from Adobe themselves, so no need to worry about any third-parties and the problems that may come with that risk. I've been running it on my SGN 10.1 for almost a month now with no problems at all.

Follow the rest of the instructions under "The Method" (EXCEPT #2!!!) and you should have Flash on your Galaxy Note 10.1. I thought I'd share it with you since Flash support was the main reason I went with Android for a tablet.
  10. EnglishLad

EnglishLad Member

I'm using Dolphin Browser and that supports flash. Chrome doesn't for some bizarre reason.
  11. Uber-Duper

Uber-Duper Well-Known Member

Okay guys, I have solved the flash problem!!!

Just bought this tablet and was frustrated when flash sites wouldn't work, not even with the dolphin browser..

Adobe Flash player doesn't come up as a search result in the play store because Adobe is not supporting this device.

However, I also owned a galaxy S2 and S3, for which, I had previously downloaded and installed the latest flash from the market.

Step 1. Make sure that you have previously downloaded Adobe Flash Player 11.x on any other android device with your Google account.

Step 2. Go directly to the all programs/applications tab in the play store, where you will find your cached, previously installed apps. Adobe Flash player will be in the list and will install and work with no dramas :D

This will be the latest Adobe flash browser plugin, that is normally available in the play store and not a random Chinese or older version.

Please give feedback if this is helpful, or not..

Cheers
  12. BillTan

BillTan Member

13. WonderFull

WonderFull Active Member

i installed from google account as i did it previously for another device and it installed
  14. ws6dom

ws6dom Well-Known Member

Thanks worked great and super easy.
  15. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Great post. A lot of people don't realize if they've previously installed flash on a different device it'll still be in ALL apps accessible from play store.
  16. bprender25

bprender25 Member

What if this is our first android device? Not sure how I feel about the previous links posted above.
  17. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

And that's understandable. Most posted links will always be followed up with it works or doesn't work because there's always more than one person looking for the same fix.
  18. Dvoraak

Dvoraak Member

My Note 10.1 didn't come with any version of Flash at all but I was able to get the apk directly from Adobe's site. Took a little while to find the archived versions but they're there.

*edit* For the record I can't say Flash runs as smoothly as it used to and none of the browsers that support remote Flash on their server really perform well either. At this point, I hope Flash dies completely since Android users will gradually see worsening performance. Better if the world got on HTML5.
  19. SMALBA

SMALBA Well-Known Member

Im trying to watch nba league games but they wont load. I can hear the announcers but i only see a black screen. Has anyone tried watching nba leaguepass?
  20. wcgman

wcgman New Member

This worked perfectly! Thank you!
  21. matthewthesmit

matthewthesmit New Member

I did the download as directed and only got a flash settings icon.
    I checked my list of recent downloads and it shows that I should have flash.
    tried to watch some content and got the error message.
  22. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Did you try that in the built-in browser?
  23. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

So is there any reason to use another browser if flash works with stock browser??
  24. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

There may be something that someone will be looking for, but for flash stock is good.
  25. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member