Flash problems after installing update 2.33.161.2

Last Updated:

1. Cooltide

Cooltide Member This Topic's Starter

Since installing 2.33.161.2 (from vodafone UK) I am having 2 new problems with Flash videos.
    1) The picture freezes on all full screen videos but the sound continues (youtube, BBC iplayer, etc).
    2) Most videos on the BBC news site crash the browser.

I have the browser set to
    Enable Plugins: On demand
    which used to stop the browser crashing when too many flash objects were on a page, but now it seems to crash when a single object is playing.

Anyone else having these problems or am I just lucky?

If it's not just me, any ideas how to fix this or back out this upgrade?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

U downloaded the latest Flash update from the Market? 10.1.105.7

You could get the 2.33.161.2 RUU from XDA and reflash it from scratch as a last resort

Cooltide likes this.
  3. nickkr

nickkr Well-Known Member

Yes .. I've noticed this as well. It does seem to be isolated to the BBC website but I've not tetsed it that thoroughly (SKY news seems fine)
    BBC videos start but after about 5 seconds the browser crashes and returns the Desire the home screen.
    I have had a complete browser hang where I had to restart the phone

4. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

5. Cooltide

Thanks Eddy,

I am not very technical, but I understood that HTC shipped Flash as part of the Android build. However I just tried installing the latest Flash player from the market. I rebooted the phone. It didn't fix the fullscreen freeze, but it fixed the browser crash.

After trying this, I uninstalled flash and reverted to the HTC installed version as having 2 flashes on the phone was taking up way too much phone memory.

6. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

I don't use many apps so having updates doesn't bother me as I've plenty of space

7. skoorbleumas

skoorbleumas New Member

I updated last night, it took 10 mins (second time round after freeing up some space!) and I haven't had any problems with flash not working. Iplayer and BBC website working as they should. I will add that I haven't noticed much difference in performance either. The phone has always just worked well.

8. Cooltide

I found a workaround to the fullscreen freeze.
    If you go full screen with your browser in portrait mode the video doesn't freeze.
    However if you go full screen with the browser in landscape mode, the video freezes.
    It seems to be an accelerometer problem? Any ideas how to fix this?

I am still getting browser crashes on most flash videos on the BBC news sites. Does anyone know if this update shipped with an older version of flash?

philaPete likes this.
  9. yezdanii

yezdanii New Member

in 2.33 when i captured a picture if i like to delete then phone being struck and restarting is all ur having same probb??????????/