Flash Question

Last Updated:

1. my1zamboni

my1zamboni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This may be a stupid question, but I have seen a lot of talk about loading different custom kernels and it says to "flash" (***MUST FLASH DE03.TAR AND RECOVERY FROM SPRINT UPDATER***) would that be the same as putting this SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-joeykrim-recovery-2.1.3.tar on your SD card (same as you would a kernel) then enter recovery (vol down + talk + Power) and picking it as a zip to use?
    I would like to try and change kernels to some pre made I saw on the sdx site but want to make sure I do it correct.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

ok no you need to put that into the updater from sprint but you also need to have the hack for the updater you can get that from sdx also.

my1zamboni likes this.
  3. my1zamboni

my1zamboni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Where would that go in the updater? Is this the file I would go my computer > C drive > Program files > Samsung electronics and then put it in the binary folder?
    Also would you happen to have a link for the "hack" so I have the right thing? What does the hack do? Does it ensure I stay rooted?

4. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

i used these instructions. Official Android DE03 2.1 with SDX custom recovery and BEYOND!
    it was very easy. DL the joeykrim recovery and the updater from the links on this page. go into the binary file, replace the zip there witht he DLed joeykrim and then run the updater as normal. poof you are rooted. then install any custom ROM with the vol down talk end key method that you already seem to be farmiliar with.

my1zamboni likes this.