Flash Question

Last Updated:

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So Just got the HTC Hero from Sprint and I love it, the best phone I have ever used. (Came from a TP1). I just watched a video on you tube showing a GSM version Hero using flash, however, when I go the same site that the video did (addictinggames.com) and pick a game, where the game is suppose to load I get a Flash Icon when I click on this icon it says Flash can not play on this device. I'm thinking that I picked a game that maybe has newer flash than the phone because Flash does work on my phone just not that site. Anybody have any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

The HTC Hero currently only has Flash Lite and it's very limited as to what Flash it can load. It's better than some phones have at the moment, so I'm at least thankful for this little bit. :)

Adobe is supposed to be releasing a version of Flash 10 for mobile phones next year. We'll just have to wait til then for full Flash support.

3. pking

pking Well-Known Member

From what I've seen the 'HTC Flash' loaded on the phone supports most flash 8 content and much Flash 9 content, but nothing aimed at Flash 10 yet. My guess is they based their player off the open-souce Gnash flash player, which has the same restrictions.

It sort of seems like they added it just to be able to add another check to the feature list (supports real Flash content!), but didn't put any effort into extending it's capability since Adobe's native android Flash player has been 'just around the corner' for some months.