Flash Question?

Last Updated:

1. slimboutit

slimboutit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will the EVO at least ship with Flashlite like the Hero until we get full flash with Froyo, and if so how do you think Flashlite on the EVO will compare to on the Hero, because it's extremely choppy on the hero.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

they were showing FULL flash on the demo in NY but if it doesn't come with that it WILL atleast have flash lite, so don't worry

3. Oj_Mayo

Oj_Mayo Member

i went to verizon and played with the incredible and that has flashlite as well and it worked pretty good.

4. liquidtrance

liquidtrance Member

Is it possible to disable flash in the browser or are you forced to use it? Flash would be nice for certain sites but I won't want to destroy my phone trying to spend 4 hours loading a site that is full of flash advertisements.

5. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

Flash Lite works well...I think it has to do with the Snapdragon. At 1ghz and higher, it should be fine.

I could be wrong, but I do not think Flash Lite will try to load a full flash page, just the ads on the side and dedicated Flash apps (like cheesy games). Google gets its money from ads so I would guess that's why they pushed it for 2.1 and why they want the mobile Flash for Froyo.

Oh, and let's not forget, screw you Steve Jobs for trying to decide what is and is not good for me. /rantover

6. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I'm using the incredible right now and flash works great.