• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash replacement for Galaxy Note 2

artsup55

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
Hi,

I recently bought a Galaxy Note 2. Great phone but with my carrier Sprint I'm unable to watch a lot of different videos and Flash Presentations.

Most of the time watch YouTube Videos is fine, but otherwise I get an error message saying I need a plugin.

I've tried the following with no luck, MX Player, Skyfire and Dolphin.

Thanks!

Artsup ;)

Adobe is no longer supporting flash for any mobile devices, not just Android, and so it is no longer is available in the Play store. However, the Flash11 .apk package is still downloadable from the Adobe website for manual installation.

Flash 11.1:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.34/install_flash_player_ics.apk

After installing flash, install Firefox or other browser that supports flash and you're good.

Linux user #266351. Android since v1.0

Upvote 0
Yes, it works for me as well, but I don't want to over-promise others when on Firefox's Google Play page they say that it's "Low Quality Flash"; at the time I downloaded this browzer back in the fall, they mentioned it as limited support, only it was all in caps on their page (at the time).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones