Flash Rom BH2

Last Updated:

1. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I'm a newbie to the whole Android phone thing. I've got a BH2, which after reading several posts here I see a HUGE dislike of the phone. I personally don't have issues with it at all. But I keep seeing where people are flashing or rooting their phones and I have read the threads where the ROMs are located.

However, this is completely and totally new to me, and I wanted to know if there was a step-by-step instruction for flashing a ROM?

Sorry if this is sounds so newb like, but it is lol

Advertisement
  2. famished

famished Well-Known Member

Look for the thread: I need "Flashing Warheads For Complete Morons"

it's as easy as it gets :)

3. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

except I wouldnt recommend warheads because it is out of date, the 1.6 tweaked roms are the ones that I'd go with because they are based off of the 1.6 update, or if you dont need vibrate go with a galaxy rom

4. trav2001

well the 1.6 tweaked sounds good to me only because i need the vibrate.

but i have looked through those threads and not exactly sure how get it on my phone. i never got the update. so i am still stick at 1.5.

5. bearsfan85

you need to download odin that page has information you need so read it, then you download your rom and put it in the pda slot in odin put you phone into download mode to do this turn the phone off then press volume down, ok (center button) and end/power on

6. trav2001

I did this, but when I try to install the drivers I get a message saying "SAMSUNG Mobile Modem driver was not installed successfully."

Any Idea's

7. bearsfan85

xp or vista/7 32 or 64 bit

8. trav2001

9. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

Windows is blocking the drivers from loading because they are not signed. This is an issue with 64bit versions of Windows Vista and 7.

Reboot your computer. As soon as it starts the boot process tap F8. This will bring up the Windows startup options. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and then install the drivers when Window's comes up.

You will have to select that option every time you wish to use the ADB connection with the phone.

The USB Mass Storage function of the phone will always work whether you set this or not.

10. bearsfan85

then from there go to the device manager and click on unknown devices, search on your computer and select the folder where you have the drivers installed.

11. trav2001

Ok, I'm getting ready to flash the rom this morning. There is a stock 1.5 somewhere if I need to convert back ya?

Slight problem...pressing F8 doesn't take me to the windows start up menu. It takes me to the boot menu and what device I want to boot from.

12. bearsfan85

yes there is a 1.5 on here under Updated roms list.

You were pressing f8 at the time to get into your bios, you need to press it as windows is booting up. Confusing i know

13. trav2001

Well I did that too and nothing is happening. Oh well I'm just gonna stick to what I got and be happy with what I got. Only got 20 months then I'll upgrade again anyway :)

14. bearsfan85

you could just download all the files you need and go to a library and plug in your phone and flash that way.