Flash ROM without radio, Flash Radio or ROM 1st?

Last Updated: 2010-11-17 14:15:36
  1. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Well-Known Member

I am going to install a ROM wothout radio. I have the radio version ready seperate to the ROM.

After wiping everything using clockwork recovery, which do i have to flash 1st? The Radio or the ROM? (I assume this is the same process just select the zip file in clockwork recovery?)

Inceidentally, the radio suggested to go with the ROM is already on my phone, will wiping and clearing using clockwork recovery also delete the rasio so I have to reflash it? or will it stay on there?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Radio first, then the ROM, if you need to update the radio.
  3. scrattyrat

So will "wipe data/factory reset" and clearing the cache delete the ROM & the Radio?

I already have the correct radio. Will I need to reflash it after clearing everything? Or will it remain and i only have to flash the ROM?
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If you flash the rom and the rom doesn't include a radio, your existing radio will not be touched.

Some poeple say to flash the radio first, but I have found that it doesnt matter. You can upgrade a radio without changing rom.

However, try not to update radio's too often as it can be risky. if you dont need a radio, nothing you have to do.
    dai uy b and scrattyrat like this.
  5. scrattyrat

awesome - I have the radio recommended for that ROM already so i will just load the radio-less ROM.

Thanks