Flash sounds like ransom voiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. GideonX

GideonX Guest This Topic's Starter

I used to be able to stream my local radio station (z100) while out of NYC, but recently I've noticed it sounds like the voice is distorted. It sounds like what you would hear on the phone from someone asking for ransom (best way to describe it).

Radio Player

Anyone else hearing this? Other flash sites appear to be fine as far as I can tell.

I'm running the latest flash off the market, dinc + cm6 stable.

Advertisement
  2. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member

Man, I thought it was just me but I've been getttin that too. I'm on stock 2.2 by the way.

3. GideonX

I guess there are more sites that trigger this behavior then :(

4. drewkelly

drewkelly Member

Did you try streaming Z100 using iHeartRadio? Or, is that what you're already using?

5. Cmdr007

Cmdr007 Member

It seems a lot of flash sites are doing this. Video plays at normal speed, but audio seems to be on super slow motion.

Doesn't seem like anyone can figure out why yet or how to fix the problem though :(

6. GideonX

I stream the morning show, which is on a one day delay thru iheartradio so I prefer the live flash stream.

7. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

I just tried my station, www.wxdx.com and it does the same. *sigh* :(

8. blazera

blazera Member

There was a post (I don't remember if it was here or over at xda), but it points to a fix from ihtfp69 that worked for me (running a stock ROM, rooted).

You will need to (1) be rooted and (2) use ROM Manager (works with premium and free versions).

Here are the two relevant steps from ihtfp69's post at xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] SkyRaider 2.5.2 Vanilla [CLOSED: 09/02/2010]

1. Go into Rom Manager>Download ROM>Ihtfp69>Goodies for 2.2+

2. Select Revert Audio Fix from Goodies

From what I remember, it goes into clockwork recovery, performs a nandroid backup (just in case), and installs the fix. The phone then reboots.

I have not encountered the slow motion audio in subsequent visits to Flash sites that previously gave me problems.

Hope this helps!

9. Cmdr007

Cmdr007 Member

Guess I'll have to break down and trying rooting once unrevoked gets 3.2.1 up. Thanks.

10. GideonX

What rom are you using? Skyraider?

I'm on CM6, I wonder if it works.

11. blazera

blazera Member

It's the stock ROM, as noted off the top.

12. GideonX

Woops, missed your mention in the parentheses.

Anyhow, I flashed over to Skyraider 2.5.2 vanilla and loaded the audio fix. It seems to have fixed my "demon" noises.

CM6 (and I think all roms built from source so far) has a wifi issue where the screen will not wake up sometimes :( Sticking with SR for now I guess.

13. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I'm rooted with the audio fix and certain material still causes the demons. Hulu in particular is a practical guarantee for me. It's just not ideal yet.