• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

flash the recovery image to the device

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am in the process of rooting using Odin3 and part of the instructions are:
"Using the original cable, or a known working one, flash the recovery image to the device. (NOTE: Recovery image goes in PDA slot and MAKE SURE repartition is unchecked)"

I'm not really clear on what the procedure would be to "flash the recovery image to the device."

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am in the process of rooting using Odin3 and part of the instructions are:
"Using the original cable, or a known working one, flash the recovery image to the device. (NOTE: Recovery image goes in PDA slot and MAKE SURE repartition is unchecked)"

I'm not really clear on what the procedure would be to "flash the recovery image to the device."

I'm not familiar with the process your using but to flash is either to do so with the fastboot command or to do so using the boot loader and a valid image file.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones