• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flash Xposed w/ FlashFire

Hey man its a little late but ive been wondering, have you found a way to install xposed on the volt 2 yet? Ive been trying to do that for a while but xposed installler tells me to flash the exposed file via recovery but i dont know how to install TWRP recovery on the Volt 2.
Yeah, there's no TWRP recovery for the Volt 2. But what you can do is use an app called FlashFire which is kinda like a recovery, but in an app. You can install the appropriate TWRP installer using that (on the Volt 2, you'd use the ARM builds).

However, I ended up uninstalling Xposed from mine. It worked fine, but installing it took up an extra 300MB or so of internal storage, which for me was really annoying because I'm very tight on space.

Upvote 0
Yeah, there's no TWRP recovery for the Volt 2. But what you can do is use an app called FlashFire which is kinda like a recovery, but in an app. You can install the appropriate TWRP installer using that (on the Volt 2, you'd use the ARM builds).

However, I ended up uninstalling Xposed from mine. It worked fine, but installing it took up an extra 300MB or so of internal storage, which for me was really annoying because I'm very tight on space.
I have Xposed on mine, but got all the apps moves to the SD card using the apps2sd app, my phone is nice and fast and have plenty of space, the only thing that I need now is a custom kernel, I want to over clock my CPU and I'll be one happy camper :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones