Flashed 2.2 OTA sbf, Bootloader didn't upgrade?

Last Updated:

1. dabomb224

dabomb224 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just flashed my phone with the 2.2 OTA sbf, and received a PASS. However, upon unplugging and replugging my phone into my computer, I found that RSD Lite was reading my phone as still having Bootloader version 3001.

Why wasn't my bootloader updated? My baseband version is currently BP_C_01.09.07P, and my Kernel is 2.6.32.9-ga42712e. Are these even the updated versions?

Should I flash my phone again?

P.S.- if it helps, after my phone finished flashing and RSD Lite read "PASS", my phone did not reboot. Rather, it sat on the bootloader screen. I had to perform a battery pull to get it to reboot. Does this matter?

Advertisement
  2. dabomb224

dabomb224 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just tried again, and it once and says PASS. I noticed that the SW Update Complete update message does NOT come up though. Rather, it just returns to the "Bootloader 30.01, Battery OK, OK to Program, Transfer Mode: USB" page.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Ok, the message does come up, but rather than my phone rebooting to the "M" logo, it returns to the bootloader screen.

3. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

your using rsd 4.8 and not 4.7 right?

edit....i know when i have flashed it did reboot itself.

4. SaurusX

SaurusX Well-Known Member

This is a known issue with the 2.2 sbf. It updates the radio and kernel to the latest version, but for some reason doesn't upgrade the bootloader to the latest. Whether our not this'll have consequences later on is unknown.

5. v4npro

v4npro Well-Known Member

Well since it's still bootloader 30.01 can't we SBF to 2.1? I'm in the same boat being on 2.2 with updated radio and kernel but older bootloader.

6. rebelOne

rebelOne Member

+1
    I've wondered this same thing.