• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed a Kernel now My Camera will not work.

Alkatraz

Feb 6, 2011
Flashed SBC for Netarchy's 4.2.2 More Aggressive CFS Kernel with stock Rom and with Warm two point two rom and both instances i had to recover because it breaks my camera.

When i select camera or video recorder the little ipod looking icon shows up then when the screen blinks(usually switching to camera feed) its just a black screen

Welcome to the forums :). Basically, you have a newer Evo, which as different camera hardware than what was previously used. It's not better or worse, just different. Because of this, different camera kernel drivers are required. Netarchy 4.2.2 was released before HTC released the source which included these kernel drivers. You need to flash either Netarchy 4.3.1 or 4.3.2, then your camera will work.

Upvote 0
thankyou for the welcome and yes i do have a newer EVO (purchased less than a month ago)

Android 2.2

Baseband 2.15.00.11.19

(stock) Kernel 2.6.32.17 -gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2#15

Myns Warm TwoPointTwo (RLS5)

Software 3.70.651.1

Dont know if any of that info helps, other than the camera not working the rest of the phone works well with a other than stock kernel. But Netarchy 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 will work with my ROM/Phone then?

Upvote 0
Yep, that's definitely the problem, then. Yes, Netarchy 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 will work fine with your phone (or any Evo for that matter). Basically, 4.3.1 is stable, and 4.3.2 is beta. I have 4.3.2, and haven't noticed any issues. That being said, do you understand the differences between all the available options (HAVS/noHAVS, CFS/BFS, etc.)? Not that it matters concerning your camera (4.3.1+ will fix it), I just want to make sure you know what you're doing :).

Reactions: evomattnc
Upvote 0
That being said, do you understand the differences between all the available options (HAVS/noHAVS, CFS/BFS, etc.)? Not that it matters concerning your camera (4.3.1+ will fix it), I just want to make sure you know what you're doing :).

Im glad you asked, i do know the idea behind it. To me its how the processor handles the information and how it interacts with other hardware. BFS are faster but tend to lead into less stable situations and broken GPS (something i dont want considering GPS is one of the features on my phone that gets plenty of use. CFS is the more conservative choice. i dont know what is the difference of the havs though. any further explanation would be awesome and would keep me from sifting through old threads

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones