• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed a zip & lost SENSE UI, HELP

Joe Eris

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Riverside CA
I flashed a zip called zifnab-mod-v2-signed.zip so I could run live wallpapers on the plain jane ROM. It worked great, i'm running LWP's but somehow, in the process, sense just dissapeared :thinking: i've looked everywhere for it,manage applications, Astro. It's gone. I tried downloading "clear defaults" from the market, then running it as T2noob suggested but still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions???

OK just to clarify, once rooted, the easy steps go in this order right?

1. backup nand
2. wipe date
3. wipe dalvik cache
4. then flash rom from zip

am i correct or am i doin it wrong

im nee to this and sometime i flash a rom and it works, sometimes i flash and things r missing

im thinking this is the best way

input from a more technical person would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
OK just to clarify, once rooted, the easy steps go in this order right?

1. backup nand
2. wipe date
3. wipe dalvik cache
4. then flash rom from zip

am i correct or am i doin it wrong

im nee to this and sometime i flash a rom and it works, sometimes i flash and things r missing

im thinking this is the best way

input from a more technical person would be greatly appreciated

this is correct. always do both wipes before flashing any new rom. certain roms have extra modules, features that need to be flashed to get the full function like stock apps market etc.

Reactions: ErisLove
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones