Flashed Fresh 2.1.1 and now I have a dancing robot stuck on my screen

Last Updated:

1. buduan

buduan Member This Topic's Starter

Is this normal? It's been doing this for about 5 minutes now. A couple of times the screen went black and then the robot came back and the voice that said "Fresh."

Is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

If it keeps doing that, it is called a boot loop. That means you didn't wipe one of the following:

data, dalvik or ext

You should only need to wipe data and dalvik then flash the ROM. Only wipe EXT if still having issues. Wiping EXT pertains to apps2sd, so if you were running that, you MUST wipe EXT as well.

It will sit on the dancing robot for a while after first flash, but it shouldn't be looping to where you get a black screen and the "fresh" voice over and over.

3. buduan

Thank you, that worked. How do undo it? I don't like 2.1.1. but when I restart the phone and hold down the "Home" key it only gives me an option to clear data. I can't get to my nandroid backup to restore it to the previous state.

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

You don't just hold down the home button. Read the guide/faq. It tells you how to boot into recovery....

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Turn it off, then hold volume down and power it on. Mine does the same thing with 2.1.1. It really confused me the first time.

6. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

that's not a function of Fresh..that's a function of the recovery you have. if you have 1.2.3 then hold volume down while powering on.. if 1.5.2 or higher hold home while powering on.

7. buduan

What I did was select yes for clear all and then held down the home key while it rebooted and was able to get to where I could do the Nandroid restore.

Thanks for all your help and feedback.

ccapasso, is the FAQ for 2.1.1 in this forum or on the Fresh website? I could not locate it.

8. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I understand that, and never had to boot to recovery (1.6.2) that way until I flashed 2.1.1. I know that it sounds crazy, but it seems that fresh did it to my phone. I haven't really looked around for a solution, because I can boot it to recovery, so it isn't an issue.