Flashed gingerbread rom on phone with >20% batt, please help.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers New Member

I'm really sorry to bother everyone with something like this, as new as I am to this I knew beforehand this was root 101 and completely forgot about it as I was putting gingerbread on my phone.

Right now, my phone just has the word android in the middle of it and a black screen behind it, and keeps repeating this every 30 seconds to a minute. I'm honestly not sure how to fix it or if it even can be fixed, if anybody could help a bit though, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: Also, I did look around before posting this and all I found was the PSA on these forums to not flash roms with low battery, figured I should mention.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

You mean <20% I assume.

Try charging the phone with your AC charger. Then unplug the charger and pull the battery. Now replace the battery and try booting into recovery holding X +power button. If you can get into recovery you may be able to reflash a ROM.

I've never had this problem and I am not sure this is the correct procedure. It's just what I would try first if I was in your situation.

Good luck :)
  3. Yonkers

Yonkers New Member

Thank you for the response. I did try everything and still no go, so I'm not sure what's next. I'm sure it doesn't make any difference but for future reference it's an EVO.
    Would a wipe do anything or just leave me with an empty phone in addition to everything else?
  4. Jeffery

You are in the Motorola Original Droid section of androidforums, maybe you could look at the "all things root" section for the specific EVO you have.

I included the links to the EVO's:

HTC EVO 3D
    HTC EVO 4G
    HTC EVO Shift 4G
  5. Yonkers

Yonkers New Member

I'm really on today, thanks again for the help. I really do appreciate it. Sorry for all the mess up.
  6. Jeffery

No problem and again good luck, I hope someone can help you solve your problem.