• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed GingerVillan 1.4, HTC style apps/widgets suggestions?

Markhypnos

Aug 26, 2010
Liverpool, UK
Flashed GingerVillan today, had flashed DeFrost 6.1 and tried out for a few hours but was finding it slightly unresponsive/laggy. Glad I flashed to GingerVillan though, the UI is so much smoother compared to the 2.2 roms I have tried.

One thing im missing is some of the sense stuff, so are there any suggestions for similar widgets and apps to sense?

Using fancy widgets pro for a sense style clock but would like a slider to input the alarm time as opposed to the tapping of stock. Also a similar timer as well (im a chef so the timer comes in useful)

I purchased the Pure Grid calendar widget but it does not appear in the widget selection, any one used it on 2.3?

Also is there a way to just use the normal unlock screen and have the pattern input kick in after 15mins of inactivity, as in sense?

Thanks

Buy Launcherpro Plus.

It has all the HTC Sense widgets basically, even in different formats.

Already done this today, was having the same issue in GigerVillan as Defrost. Home screen and app drawer seemed unresponsive at times, ie would take 2 swipes sometimes to go between home screens. This was only in the home screen and app drawer though!?

Launcher PRO is much smoother, the problem now is just trying to find a setup I like, so many options. Im thinking a more minimal homescreen rather than I had with sense.

Do miss the rotary style alarm clock and timer from sense though and would like a better camera app.

Upvote 0
To adjust the length of time before the patter input kicks in, go to CM Settings > Lockscreen > Delay and timeout

Thanks I tried that but is it possible to have the 'swipe to unlock' screen some how with the pattern kicking in after 10 mins? As it is it could easily start randomly dialing people if I accidentally knock the power button while in my pocket :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones