• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashed rubiX Blurry 1.6.3, bootlooped, tried SBF and bootlooped - holy %#@*!!

t0adman

Aug 25, 2010
Well I kind of figured it was only a matter of time until this happened so I downloaded the SBF and the RSD Lite v4.8 ahead of time.

I've flashed several ROMs successfully and just today decided to flash the rubiX Blurry 1.6.3, which I verified on the post was NOT for the recently leaked Froyo.

I launched boostrapper app, booted into it, backed up the current ROM (rubiX focused - newest non-leaked), wiped the cache, installed the rubiX Blurry from the zip file, same as I'd done on all previous ROMs. It loaded way to quickly and then went into a bootloop.

So, I put the phone in Boot Loader mode and started the SBF process. I started up RSD Lite, plugged in the device, it was recognized, I browsed to VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf and clicked start. It creates the image then boots the phone but during that process it never gets past the boot animation. I'm now at Status: Please manually power up this phone with Progress at Executed: 100%. The power button does nothing when pushed or held. Unplugging the phone from the USB and pushing the power button does nothing. Pulling the battery and powering up gets me back into the droid - robot eye boot loop.

Holy crap did I really brick my phone? Wow...:eek:

Please explain how to accomplish both of those suggestions. Sorry guys, I know enough to be dangerous and that's about it. Thanks!

Phone is at about 80-90% charged.

From Koush's site:
What if my phone won't boot? How do I get into recovery without the app?
When the hijacker runs, it will automatically create the "/data/.recovery_mode" file after it finishes. This tells the system that the next time it boots, it should boot into recovery. But, when the system starts, the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap will then delete that file when Android is fully started, to prevent you from booting into recovery. So what does this mean? If you fail to boot, simply pull your battery, and your next boot will be into recovery (unless your /system is *really* hosed, in which case you need to SBF).

I think I'm *really* hosed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones