• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help flashed s3 4.4.4 apps help

ok, so I flashed my T-Mobile S3 to 4.4.4 Carbon but it is missing a few apps that I need... is there anyone that knows where I can get them?

I need:
-Video Player
-Music Player
-Swype

Thank you in advance
Just use titanium backup to extract them from the full nandroid backup you made before flashing the ROM.

Upvote 0
ok, so I ended up making a twrp backup a few days before I flashed to 4.4.4

can you please tell me how to get apk files???

thank you in advance
Get the app "titanium backup". Open it and let it set up. Tap your menu button, then scroll down to " extract from nandroid backup" choose the backup and what you want to extract. That's it.

Upvote 0
Ok thank you
Come to think it might not extract system apps only user installed apps. You can get equal apps from play store. Swipe_play store, video player=MX player. Mx also plays music but I think carbon comes with Apollo oe somwthingwhich is a music player. The apps you're talking are Samsung touchwiz system apps, they won't even work in carbon or any other aosp or cm rom

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Come to think it might not extract system apps only user installed apps. You can get equal apps from play store. Swipe_play store, video player=MX player. Mx also plays music but I think carbon comes with Apollo oe somwthingwhich is a music player. The apps you're talking are Samsung touchwiz system apps, they won't even work in carbon or any other aosp or cm rom

ok thanx for your help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones