• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashed stock recovery on rooted note but still cant update?

bintuborg

Lurker
Dec 13, 2014
Hi! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I rooted it a few months ago and now I want to

get the KitKat updates I know are available via OTA.

I followed this guide to root the note: http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-note-10-1-

root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-10-1-easiest-methodcwmmethod-2/

I also flashed the stock recovery. I tested the stock recovery and it indeed works, so

why is it that when I try to do any software updates it says that is impossible

because this device has been modified?

I thought flashing stock recovery would fix that... Is it the kernal version? Or do I

have to unroot, get the OTA updates, then reroot? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Model GT-N8013.
Android Version: 4.1.2.
Kernal Version 3.0.31-813049 se.infra@Sep-63 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 25
Build Number: JZO54k.N8013UEUCMI3

Yeah I know that my method isn't supposed to trip knox, but I think it did anyway somehow. That might explain why even though I should be able to get OTA updates while still rooted, that I can't. Maybe there is a way to just set back the count to zero so I can test if that alone will fix it. Not quite sure how though.

Noob question: Is "tripping knox" at all related to the kernel?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones