Flashed to Kaos v24 VZW sats they cant authorize my number

Last Updated:

1. ehasley

ehasley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I flashed to v24 with out a hitch and I wanted to get my lock screen to say VZW again so just like I did on v23 I flashed the changetovzw.zip

It worked, sort of, but now I can no longer access the My Verizon app or do a *228 or *22899

The My Verizon App says they are unable to validate my mobile number. And activation states they are unable to program my phone at this time. I tried restoring to the NAND I made right before I went to v24 with no change. I can still make and receive calls. I had both of these functions on v23.

I am preforming a data wipe now and restoring my v23 NAND

That didn't help.

So after flashing to v24 there are two things I did.

1. I flashed the changetovzw.zip file
    2. I flashed the 2.1 OTA maintenance release. The one that just pushed. I don't know why I did that lol.

I'm thinking I may try to go back to the very beginning and reload the NAND I made right after gaining root and just start from the begining. If that doesn't help maybe the RUU 2.1 OTA exe file I recently found? I don't know if this is related but everytime I flash roms almost, all programs that require SU will say I won't have access. I get around this by opening up Titanium, which also says they can't find root, and download busybox again. That seems to clear that up.

Any help here guys as I am totally stumped.

Thanks again for everything

Advertisement
  2. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

Well, if you get it working again, instead of flashing changetovzw.zip, just edit /data/eri.xml. :)

3. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

this should be in the kaos froyo thread. no reason to make a whole new thread

4. jasonh

jasonh Well-Known Member

it is in that thread (I think I saw it), I just don't think there's been any help.

5. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Why would you flash a 2.1 update to a 2.2 ROM? That could be the cause of your issues. And as stated above, try not flashing the chage.zip, just edit the eri.xml file to whatever you want it to say. Mine says Secure Network

6. ehasley

ehasley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys

yes I double posted Here and on xda because I did not get a reply over there.

I will edit. That file when I get home.