Flashed updated ROM, Droid won't go past Moto symbol... again!

Last Updated:

1. SiLlYcHeEsEmAn

SiLlYcHeEsEmAn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SO the first time I rooted and the first update I did gave me some problems. When the phone rebooted after the flash the Moto symbol would come up and not go any further. Either that or the symbol would show up and then the phone would reset after five seconds. So I did a few battery pulls and finally got it to work after a while. Ever since the 2.0.4 update I cannot get the phone past the Moto screen. I've tried about 12 times between that and 2.0.5 and I have to keep restoring back to my original settings before I flashed any of the ROMs. Anyone know why this is happening? I loved my phone so much more when I had the Smoked Glass 2.1 ROM and OC. Help please!!!

Advertisement
  2. goas123

goas123 New Member

I have this same problem. I am running with 2.0.3 just fine but when I try to flash 2.0.5 i get the frozen or rebooting moto logo. I did not try 2.0.4 so I am not sure. I do get the rebooting moto logo with other sholes roms at times but it always gets into the OS eventually, but with 2.0.5 I have not been able to get in at all. I posted a bug report on the sholes.info site but have not heard back.

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Have you tried wiping your data? Though it isn't necessary for an upgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.0.5, sometimes that fixes users' problems. You can always restore one of the nandroid backups that are automatically created before you flash the new ROM.

By the way, this belongs in the root section of the forum.

4. SiLlYcHeEsEmAn

On the last attempt I made I did wipe data hoping that would solve it but it didnt. I don't know what else to do. I guess I'm not the only one though. I can go back to 2.0.3 but I hate the unresponsiveness of the keyboard. Hope I can get a fix for this.

5. SiLlYcHeEsEmAn

It is in the root section. Says All Things Root for me?

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Well if you're versed in adb, you can shell into the recovery image and try formatting the whole device before you install:

format DATA:
    format CACHE:
    format SYSTEM:

then install 2.0.5

That's an entire wipe of the phone, so 2.0.5 should be installing over a clean slate.

If you have no idea what I just said, then nevermind.

Also, one possibility is that your download may have corrupted. Have you tried deleting the file and redownloading it?

Well, lol! Don't take credit for my work! I moved it.

7. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

on first boot of a new rom, My logo will often stick for 1-2 minutes, I just let my phone think hard. after initial boot, it is much faster for me.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

yeah, noticed that too - I believe (pure conjecture here) that it is taking time to set every thing up like most (computer) OSs do the first time they are booted after installation.

9. SiLlYcHeEsEmAn

Thanks Fab. My bad. I wish it would only take 1-3 minutes but I've let it sit for as long as an hour and still no progress. Just cleaned slate and installed 2.0.3 again and now trying to go to 2.0.5 from there.

10. SiLlYcHeEsEmAn

Oh yeah that lingo above was a little outta my league. I was able to hack the shit out of an iPhone but only been on Android since the Droid dropped and just rooted last week so give me some time. LOL

11. SiLlYcHeEsEmAn

Oh well. I gues that doesn't work for me either. Looks like I'll be sticking to 2.0.3 for now. If anyone receives any info on what to do in this situation please keep me posted. Thanks.

12. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

What method are you using to update? Full nandroid backup rom or the update.zip? Depending on what one you're using.. try the other maybe? Are you using the SMupdater app to flash?

13. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Can't get past the Motorola logo and I've let the phone sit for as long as an hour.

14. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Well-Known Member

I had this problem for awhile using a different rom via a nandroid backup. It turns out that when unzipping the file on my droid, it was not doing so correctly. After unzipping on my pc and transferring onto my sd card, I had no problems.

15. goas123

goas123 New Member

I have also let mine sit for as long as 30 mins on the moto logo with no luck. I have tried wiping data a number of times also without luck. Out of ideas at this point. I have created a bug on sholes site:

Bug 58 – Reboot Loop on Motorola Logo

If you are also having this issue please post your experience under comments of this bug so the sholes devs know it is not an isolated indecent.

16. ai6pg

ai6pg New Member

My experience -
    I SBF'd to 2.3.340.

After running with that today, I did the ApexKernel update,
    and the Apex2.0 beta part 1.

Phone restarted and stuck at flashing moto boot logo on and off.

I'll reSBF the phone tonight when I get home.

Phone is Moto Droid X

Peace,
    Peter AI6PG

17. Theohitman7

Theohitman7 New Member

i rooted my phone last night and this morning it was working fine and i wanted to show my friend the boot animation and it never went past the Motorola Logo

18. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

so is your phone the motorola A855 droid 1 and what rom did you install because rooting it in and of itself shouldn't cause this but if you flash a rom and dont wipe data and cache it will do what you describe so let us know what rom you flashed and how you did it in detail like what recovery you used or did you use rom manager or what and how did you apply your custom boot anumation thank you and good luck

Attached Files: