• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing 2.2 with clockwork

i used clockwork and i downloaded the P3DF-CW.zip file then extracted it (in a folder) to that file location that it said in the steps

Download the file again - overwrite your original copy - extract it again - delete the copy on your phone and re-copy it over.

also while were at it another quick question.. is it even worth it to root to 2.2? ive seen people having many problems re flashing into recovery, bugs etc..

Absolutely. I am one of the ones that had the recovery problem - we have that figured out now. WiFi works with the alternate kernels, Adobe Flash player works, the phone is a ton faster (I have 150 apps installed, and with a 1200 MHz kernel on Pete's BB 1.0 and on Froyo stock it was (subjectively, of course) feeling at about the same speed. Now I have a new kernel installed - gonna see how well it performs....

Reactions: chosendude
Upvote 0
When you extract the ZIP file that you download, it should extract to a folder that says 2010-06-05.06.15.32 - if it does not, then find another place to grab the file from.

In fact, I used this file taken from the MDW site before it went down this afternoon, and it is the same file linked to on their website and in Fab's post as well - use *it* instead.

P3DF-CW.zip

Also, When you extract it, it should not have P3DF-CW as the main folder - the main folder should be that 2010-06-05.06.15.32 as I said.

Finally, copy (don't move, as if it encounters an error it may still delete it and you'll have to extract it again before you can try again) this folder to your phone into the directory /sdcard/clockwork/backup folder. Then use Rom Manager / adb / manually reboot into recovery, and then go to Partitions --> format 1) boot 2) data 3) system 4) cache, & then go to nandroid --> restore and then pick that 2010-06-05.06.15.32 folder, and let it do its thing.

Upvote 0
alright were there!! but the market seems slow and when i start up titanium backup it says i need busy box. what is that?

Market is gonna be slow b/c it is automagically installing all your old apps again - go to downloads and you'll see what I mean.

another question.. how do i extract the .apk out of the zip file??

which .ZIP file? .APK for what?

Upvote 0
When you extract the ZIP file that you download, it should extract to a folder that says 2010-06-05.06.15.32 - if it does not, then find another place to grab the file from.

In fact, I used this file taken from the MDW site before it went down this afternoon, and it is the same file linked to on their website and in Fab's post as well - use *it* instead.

P3DF-CW.zip

Also, When you extract it, it should not have P3DF-CW as the main folder - the main folder should be that 2010-06-05.06.15.32 as I said.

Finally, copy (don't move, as if it encounters an error it may still delete it and you'll have to extract it again before you can try again) this folder to your phone into the directory /sdcard/clockwork/backup folder. Then use Rom Manager / adb / manually reboot into recovery, and then go to Partitions --> format 1) boot 2) data 3) system 4) cache, & then go to nandroid --> restore and then pick that 2010-06-05.06.15.32 folder, and let it do its thing.

I think my problem was I was moving it, not copying it over.. We will see after I try downloading the new file.. IS this one the one that has wifi fixed?

Upvote 0
alright were there!! but the market seems slow and when i start up titanium backup it says i need busy box. what is that?

1) The market is slow because it is background downloading and installing all the apps you've previously downloaded through the market (a neat new feature of 2.2).

2) Busybox is the backend processor for Titanium Backup, so to the "problems" tab in TB and tell it to download Busybox for you.

-mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones