• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing a custom Rom

Uzi96

Lurker
Feb 2, 2012
Hi
im new to android ..
i own a ideos u8150.........and i have rooted it with z4 root
I also have managed to install clock world mod 3.0.2.4 i flashed it through pc (works perfectly)
now i want to change my stock rom ..i' heard ideos HD and droniX are good roms
i'd like to install droniX 0.6 raw ginger ..
but can anyone help me in flashing the rom i need a guide..
also how can i make full backups so i can revert to my stock rom anytime i want..
Does switching to custom roms affect baseband of my mobile ..
because of a picture i saw in a blog that says "baseband version :unknown" in mobile settings .
i have been a apple user and to jailbreak you need to preserve your basebands so is there anything like that in android
i have also read that after flashing dorinX .6 many see a black screen ..how can i prevent that..
i've also installed rom mangaer free version from market but its useless because everytime press any option it tells me to install colckworld mod and when i press install a list of phones comes up but u8150 is not in the list only 7 options.......
Thankyou

Hi Uzi96, I downloaded this info to my comp a few weeks ago in case I got the nerve to try and Root my U8150. Have a read:
[FONT=&quot]Installing a Custom ROM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a guide detailing the process of how to install a Custom ROM on a Huawei Ideos u8150.
To download all of the necessary software you MUST have a XDA account.
Sign up for one at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://forum.xda-developers.com/register.php[/FONT][FONT=&quot].
Note: The only way you can brick your device is if you don

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones