• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Flashing a new recovery question

dkl1

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2012
Centerville, OH
I currently have TWRP 2.2.1 and want to update to the latest (2.3.3 - I think it is). What should I do AFTER I flash the new recovery regarding my couple of nands on board? Will they still be usable if needed or should I simply redo my nand?

For whatever reason I have been carrying around on my ext sdcard a stock nand and am wondering if I should just get it off there and put it on my computer for safe keeping? (Think I'll do that anyway!) Hope this makes sense...:eek:

I currently have TWRP 2.2.1 and want to update to the latest (2.3.3 - I think it is). What should I do AFTER I flash the new recovery regarding my couple of nands on board? Will they still be usable if needed or should I simply redo my nand?

For whatever reason I have been carrying around on my ext sdcard a stock nand and am wondering if I should just get it off there and put it on my computer for safe keeping? (Think I'll do that anyway!) Hope this makes sense...:eek:

I would keep one or two backups on the card and one on the computer:)
And I would guess that the newer TWRP would be able to restore the nandroid backup made with the older version of TWRP.
At least that's the way it is with CWM that I run.:D

Every so often after a new nandroid backup, I delete the oldest one.

Reactions: dkl1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones