• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing a sbf

I want to run cm7 but can't until I flash an earlier sbf. My question is can I flash the sbf on the phone like I would a Rom? My phone is rooted with superuser. For some reason I have problems connecting it to a computer. So is there any way to flash the sbf file on the phone without using a computer? Thanks in advance.

you need a pc, have you tried
ezSBF for dx2?
its in my list
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLWA/edit

The phone doesnt connect to my pc for some reason. It works on other computers just not my pc. I have drivers and everything installed but it won't connect. All it does is charge the phone. I don't feel like having to run to the library just to flash a sbf. That's why i ask if i can just flash it on the phone.. Ugh Motorola has given me most problems out of all phones. I def will not be buying a motorla device again... Fck Motorola.

Upvote 0
and ezSBF should work on a mac
or you can use sbf_flash on a mac
I remember you had access to a mac earlier, while trying to root

gonna try this method. didnt know it was a boot from a cd. this might work cause the phone is recognized on other pc's so it has to be this pc. and if its a different operating system that loads from the cd it might work. :D thanks much

Upvote 0
Okay. i have the iso burned to the cd, i boot from cd and it booted into yellow. then goes into a black screen with grey writing. the writing i cannot read because half of it is on my screen and the other half is off. is there a list of directions i can read so i can follow it correctly. i know its asking to get into bootloader but idk how to do that since i can only read some of the directions..

Upvote 0
make sure phone is fully charged

wipe data in android recovery: hold volume down and power, release volume down when you see fast boot, press and release volume down till you see android recovery, press volume up, when you see android andy, press both volume buttons, select wipe data, confirm, pull battery, put battery back in

boot into rsd support: hold volume up and power, when you see rsd support starting, it's ready
select 1 (from numbers above qwerty, not number pad) , enter
then enter again after screen changes

should work

Upvote 0
I know this sounds dumb, but try a different cable. Sometimes diffrent data cables work for diffrent computers. On my laptop and computer I could root my phone and sbf using the OEM cable, but when I loaned that to a friend, my backup backup cable a Samsung, only worked with my pc for rooting and sbfing. Although I could use it on my laptop for transferring files between ad.netcard and laptop, it wouldn't detect it on RSDlite or when rooting it using Pete's root tools (my preferred yet cumbersome method of rooting this phone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones