1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Flashing blue light with no indication as to whyGeneral

1. JLM

JLM Active Member

I noticed my charging light flashing blue (not charging or plugged in to anything). This usually only happens if I have a notification of some type, but this time I can not find anything going on.

I don't have anything in the notification area. I have no voicemails. I have turned off the Titanium Backup notification. Yet, the light continues to flash blue. I'm at a loss as to what the phone is trying to tell me. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Reboot.
    One of the apps you had running turned it on an failed to turn it off properly. Handcent SMS was notorious for doing that a few revisions back but the developer finally fixed it.
    JLM likes this.
  3. JLM

JLM Active Member

Thanks, SNeitzel. Your fix may have done the trick. I rebooted and the light isn't flashing now.

Odd that you mentioned Handcent, because when I rebooted I had a Handcent message notice in the notification area...for a message I had deleted two days ago.
  4. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

It's possible that Handcent needs to be patched again with the new .902 update to the Bionic.
    I have not seen it happen recently on my phone but will keep an eye out.
    If you see it again and think you can narrow it down to Handcent contact the developer and submit a report.

Then again, it may have just been a fluke thing that happened once and won't happen again.
  5. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Is it bluetooth connected to something? Mine flashes blue when I hook up to the bose sounddock via BT.