1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

flashing blue lightSupport

1. thomas123

thomas123 New Member

Brand new to the samsung galaxy 3.. When off - a blue light (bottom left) flashes. What is this. Thanks...

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello thomas123:)

I moved your thread here to the SG3 forums.

I have not seen a blue light on the bottom left of my screen, but could it be on the top left? A message indicator perhaps?
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Maybe bottom left with the phone in horizontal mode?
  4. allDroidnow

allDroidnow Active Member

In horizontal mode, there is a blue light flashing on my SIII which is the Bluetooth indicator.
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. bobb050

bobb050 Active Member

Strange that this light would flash when the phone is off as is mentioned in the OP.

Bob
    funkylogik likes this.
  6. allDroidnow

allDroidnow Active Member

Good point, I missed that. Mine will flash when in sleep mode, and even more noticeably when 'only visible to paired devices' is checked, but not when turned off. Thanks for pointing out the OP's original point.
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

Totally missed that too lol. Surely OP means when its sleepin(?)
    allDroidnow likes this.
  8. cpfan

cpfan Well-Known Member

From Verizon S3 manual
  9. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

That's the notification light. BlackBerry users would understand that as it used to be strictly a BlackBerry feature. It also turns colors depending on the notification. Standard is blue for email, etc. White for new G+ data, red for charging/low battery, green for fully charged, and others I haven't even seen yet.
  10. funkylogik

I started using the Light Flow app really early on to change the LED notifications so i cant honestly remember what the stock ones mean but i now have a fast flashing blue light for BT and it seems to make sense...
  11. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

FLashes blue on mine when I get an email ..
    funkylogik likes this.