Flashing but not Wiping

Last Updated:

1. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I have a problem. I rooted and became, as many of the rest of you have, addicted to flashing new ROMS. I get the feeling that this addiction will need to be fed more and more as leaks of 2.2 start poking out since it is now rumored to be coming.

However, this causes an issue for me. My company was very reluctant to let me move away from the blackberry and to the Droid and have recently decided that I have to use the Goodlink Enterprise app for email. If/when I do a data/cache wipe because I've changed ROMS I cannot re-activate the email without my IT department generating a new PIN for me.

Any ideas for how I can get around this because, quite frankly, IT SUCKS.

Advertisement
  2. tfleming23

Bump...could really use some ideas on this

3. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Have you tried backing up your Goodlink Enterprise app and data using Titanium Backup, then restoring it (app and data) after you flash the new ROM? If you've tried that and it doesn't work, I'm fresh out of ideas.

4. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

That would be my suggestion as well... then if it doesn't work you can always go to IT and say you accidently deleted it...

As far as updating ROMs if it doesn't work... I would become friends with the IT guys (I suggest this for everyone in any job... :) )

5. tfleming23

Yeah, I tried that. Restoring App+Data with Titanium will restore the inbox and Good back to where it was before I wiped, but it won't allow anything new to come through, so it just sits at the point from where it was restored too.

One of the IT guys knows what I am doing, and where he is frowning upon it that is the extent. He won't keep regenerating me unlimited PIN's so I am trying to figure out another way if there is one.

6. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

I wipe every time I......oh wait, your talking about something else..:D

7. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Get a second phone. One for work, One for play.

8. tfleming23

yeah two phones is just not an option. I wanted the Droid for it's ability to do everything so I no longer had to carry two devices (formerly a BB Curve and a Touch).

9. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

yeah man ALWAYS wipe before you flush.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Errrrr...you mean flash? LOL

11. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

you don't always have to wipe data... especially when its an update for the same ROM. Switching from ROMs with different developers might give you problems though. So I suggest that you find a ROM you like and stick with it. Or if you just have to try the new ROM from whoever... try to update without wiping data. If it doesn't give you any noticeable problems then you're good to go.