flashing custom rom

Last Updated:

1. xeni0o

xeni0o Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry guys for hte noob question but I am new to custom roms and I am trying to avoid bricking my phone. I rooted the phone with OCLF and I want to give the cognition rom a try (I have create a backup of my current ROM with ROM Manager). However if I understand it right I need to flash my phone back to JF6? Can I install the ROM using CLockwork Recovery or do I have to use hte ODIN method? What is the difference? I understand that I can recover to stock using odin but I believe I should be able to recover to my stock rom using ROM Manager from the back?

I appologize if this has been asked a 100 times but I just want to be sure.

[ROM]Cognition v2.3b6 - xda-developers

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

clockworkmod recovery is the only way to flash now. in the past there were odin options but he hasnt added them in a while. if you read the thread titled "flashed to 2.3b6" or something like that the entire 2nd and 3rd pages are me explaining it if you need any help. it should be at the very top of this section

3. xeni0o

xeni0o Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I did find that after I posted this and installed cognition successfully. However once I flashed I remembered that I forgot to backup a few things before I moved to cognition so I reverted back to the original where the phone got stuck on the ATT World Phone logo and it wouldn't boot. Then I went ahead and used odin to recover to stock. Now I gotta root it again, revert to original setup, get those files and re-flash to cognition.