• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing Cyanogenmod 7, Am I missing a step?

3g Slide

Sep 14, 2011
Hi all, new to Android, new to smartphones really. Been using my old beat up Sidekick 3 but finally upgraded 2 days ago to a MyTouch 3g Slide...

Which brought me here in looking for an answer to my problem. I've googled and either Im missing something or Im doing something wrong.

Im looking to install Cyanogenmod 7. So far I've rooted, re-checked with Root Check, made a backup with Titanium, downloaded BusyBox, did the Flash ClockworkMod, installed CM7(7.0.3) with Rom Manager, but where I get stuck at is after I install it(w/ google apps) and Im at the 'ROM Pre-Installation' I check all 3 options and the 'Reboot And Install' screen where it asks reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery and continue the installation; I hit OK but my phone doesnt reboot.

I've tried several times, I've tried the Reboot into Recovery option in Rom Manager and even tried tried Install ROM from SD Card and none of those options worked in getting it to reboot in recovery.

Am I missing something somewhere? Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Well I seem to not have BusyBox installed. I thought I installed it through Titanium but apparently not. I've installed 2 Busy Box apps and cant seem to get either one to install BB. Another headache. All it does is reboots but when I check if I have BusyBox with RootChecker it still tells me it's not installed. why cant anything ever go smooth?
Im gonna mess around with it alil more then call it a nite, hopefully someone smarter can help me out in the AM.

Greetings 3g,

I'm not familiar with you phone or its processes to install a different rom. What I would do is start over from scratch. I hope the first thing you did after installing clockwork, was to do a nandroid back up. If so, wipe all data, caches, and dalvik and restore your phone with the nandroid backup. Reboot and make sure everything is working as it did before you started to install cm7. You can try to download busybox from the market to make sure you've got the latest version.

From there try to repeat the steps to install cm7 to your phone. You also might want to look in the subforum of your device for information from someone who may share your issues.

T-Mobile MyTouch Slide - Android Forums

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones