Flashing desire to T-Mobile software

Last Updated:

1. grim_reaper

grim_reaper New Member This Topic's Starter

hi,

ive got loads of problems with my phone, its actually because i sent my near working phone to HTC to repair but they lost it :eek:. So they sent me a replacement which was cool at first cause i had sooo many scratches and chips on my desire:rolleyes:, but then when i turned it on i discovered it had androids version not Tmobiles version, not only that i think it is a developer version because its half functioning(it doesnt lock even though settings are turned on) it doesnt have android market, google or any standard apps. And another thing stupid is if i go on update software it just gets stuck there, no notifications so i cant even update.

My software info is -
    Firmware - 2.1-update-1
    BuildNumber - 1.19.997.0 CL164549 test-keys
    SoftwareNumber - 1.19.997.0

So could someone tell me if i can flash my desire to the Tmobile firmware? thnx

Advertisement
  2. d.chatten

d.chatten Well-Known Member

Have you tried a soft or hard reset on the phone, if not the phone may need a hard reset to bring things back as they should be, such as android market, the issue you have with the phone not locking, etc, take a look at the link below to reset your phone, i personaly would perform a hard reset using the phones buttons rather than do a reset from within the phones settings.

HTC Desire - Restarting or factory resetting your phone

Hope this helps!

3. grim_reaper

Oh yh forgot the main annoying thing it doesnt have htc sense ui!!!
    And yep done many hard resets nothing differrent :(

4. grim_reaper

5. Kenty1981

Kenty1981 Well-Known Member

Good find on the link - Noticed something interesting on that site there is a link to a virgin mobile FW version of 1.23.xxx.x which i have not got on mine - Im still stuck on 1.15!!!

Im thinking of flashing to a standard UK rom so that i can get the froyo release as soon as HTC release it - Does anyone know what the difference is between the WWE roms and the UK roms on that site?

Thanks in advance.