Flashing LG Logo, no recovery modeSupport

1. Robynnnn

Robynnnn New Member

Hi,
    I literally just activated my Optimus V yesterday with Virgin Mobile and haven't even used it for 24 hours yet. I've been doing some research and I don't understand any of the lingo like rooting, and I don't really think I need to. I just want a functioning smartphone.

Anyways. My phone died last night, plug it into the charger, blinking LG logo screen, pull the battery a thousand times and nothing happened. I found how to do the emergency mode so I did that but got a message saying "download in progress, do not remove cable" Has anyone else had that and does it eventually do something?

Please do not recommend the home, volume up (or down I tried both) and power button because that does not work and I tried it multiple times and nothing would show up on the screen.

I've tried charging it on my USB cable, the charger that came with the phone, and my old blackberry charger because it's the same. I really don't know what to do at this point, it's annoying, frustrating and I just want my phone to work.
    If need be, I'll just buy another whole new phone but I need to know before I do that if it's the battery or the phone because I'd much prefer to replace a battery for $10 than a $100 new phone.

Thanks so much and I hope someone much more tech-savy than me can figure this out :)

Advertisement
  2. Thewraith420

Thewraith420 Well-Known Member

Contact virgin for a warenty replacement ;)
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Contact VM USA and see if they can help on their end. Otherwise I recommend contacting them for another phone, since you are still under warranty. Be certain to push for a new phone and not a refurbished phone, because otherwise you'll just be getting a used phone. You'll have to push hard to get a new one though... just don't give up at pushing for it.
  4. atrain2324

atrain2324 Well-Known Member

I second that. Although sounds like you ended up getting a total lemon though. They may end up giving you a new one if you can tell them it's totally defective.

They did for me. Because typically they do send you a refurbished model and they never clean/reset the MSID (your phone number) and the MIN (the number for SMS to work, always a number that's local around you). I've had experiences in which I had to replace my LG Rumor 2 AND LG Rumor Touch.