• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flashing Problem...Error 170!?!

SJamG

Jun 25, 2009
Hi,

Need a little help...I am trying to upgrade the firmware of my Desire (after accepting the OTA update and therefore screwing up my WiFi). I downloaded the .exe from here :

RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4. 06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.ex - xda-developers

Inserted my Goldcard and ran the .exe

It gives me the Error 170, saying that the phone is not connected VIA USB!?! But it really is and have done an "abd devices" in the cmd and it came up.

I tried the previous original firmware I downloaded and it recognised the phone fine.

I have read about and it may be down to Bootloader version being 0.75 instead of 0.80

Has anyone else had this issue? Really appreciate the help.

After some investigation....

I installed the latest version of HTC Sync for my Desire....located here :

HTC Desire - Software Download

After installing sync and connecting my phone to the PC through HTC sync, the RUU installer recognised it and allowed me to install the latest ROM (RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2).

I find it strange how this one requires HTC Sync and the previous ROM installer did not (RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3). :thinking:

Hope this post helps others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones