Flashing Red Light

1. WhyMyAlly

WhyMyAlly Well-Known Member

My Ally last night shutdown killing wifi connection and ended up with a red flashing LED. It was plugged in with an AC adapter running wifi tether. It wouldnt respond to recovery buttons or a battery pull restart. I was soo mad I plugged it back into the ac charger and threw it on the desk with the LED flashing. Some point during the night I woke up to use the bathroom and seen it was booted up at the lockscreen just fine no errors. Should I be concerned, I replaced the battery a couple of weeks ago because the old one wouldnt last 4 hours. This was the first time for this phone.

My other one had a small crack in the screen and was plugged into my pc and all of a sudden one night, the pc shut down and everything was fried including my phone. I dont know what it was a surge or lightning, but they wouldnt replace it because of the scratch. That phone also got very very hot and would run dead in an hour or so. It also made FM radios glitch out if you put it near them within a couple of feet. I dont know if feeling sickly constantly from radiation or bad chinese food, but somehow one night it killed everything(i think it could have been the phone but knowing electronics could have been the power supply in the pc melted down shorting out AC to DC killing it all at once). I had to claim insurance on it, and now this thing with Velocity 1.2 I dont want to assume they will replace it under some type of warranty as its only a couple months old. I also dont want them to know velocity is on there and say it was velocity that did it. I did some research and found it to be a hardware issue with the charger system in the phone could malfunction leaving it useless.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

Buddy... You ran the battery overly dead dead to the point there was no juice left for the phone to boot. Thats why ur battery led indicator was blinking
  3. tigersfan1

tigersfan1 Well-Known Member

There is one problem with that I had my phone charging last night with a month old extended battery in it and the red blinking light happened. Even if i used the phone for 24hours every day which i dont think is possible i think it still shouldnt of killed my battery completely with in a month.
  4. Biotic

With an over clock running and wifi and 3g running at the same time... Aahhh yah its gna happen. Your talking to an electronics tech so ur gna lose this one
  5. tigersfan1

Overclock at 600 max never use wifi and only use 3g. So i dont know how that happened to me
  6. Biotic

oi nvr mind tethering will cause this but blinking red light means overly dead battery
  7. cr5315

cr5315 Well-Known Member Developer

That happened to my Evo. I had to get a new battery.
  8. tigersfan1

ya your lucky went to my verizon store to get the battery replaced and guess what they stopped make lg ally batteries so I have to live off of a suck dying standard battery for 5 months
  9. Biotic

Amazon. 3 dollar batteries for ally. Used but who cares for the price
  10. tigersfan1

ya not worth it I have to save my money up for other things
  11. Biotic

Yeah i guess a candybar is more impressive
  12. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member

thanks for my first internet inspired laugh of the day. :D
  13. tigersfan1

Dude I am 15 and saving my money up for a new phone for march and a new computer screen.
  14. xtcvapor

xtcvapor Well-Known Member

How do you pay for your phone service?
  15. tigersfan1

I split it with my parents and i referee baseball and basketball on the weekends