• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing rom and kernel

esthernrob

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2011
Upstate, NY
going to flash my first rom/kernel. still looking for a good combination. any suggestions? when i do flash, do i flash the rom first or the kernel first? do i flash both at the same time? do i flash one, see how it works, then flash the other or just flash one right after the other without a break?
TIA

What software version are you on currently? 3.70 is the most recent. If so, then you should have the updated radios already. Some stable roms would be Mikfroyo, Fresh, Myns, and Kings for sense roms(close to stock). Below is a list of Roms and Kernels.

HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

I would flash a rom first and see how it is for a couple of days before flashing a kernel. Rooting for Dummies has detailed instructions for flashing. If you decide to flash a kernel, you need to flash the rom first, reboot and allow it to load, then reboot to recovery and wipe cache-davlik and flash the kernel, then reboot.

Reactions: esthernrob
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones